Monday, March 3, 2014

Lover's Day

You should all be so proud...I'm only 2 weeks late on this post.

Anyway, Valentine's Day this year was THE best.  I've loved this holiday for as long as I can remember.  My mom always made it special for us, and I loved decorated our own boxes in school...and I distinctively remember carefully choosing the right Valentine for each kid in my class... and trying to not give the weird kid one that was too mushy..... (No judgment, we all did it.)

I loved having TWO Valentines to love on this year.

My mom's still the cutest...and sent her grand baby an ADORABLE package.
Grandma Harper sent a sweet package too, I just forgot to take a pic. :(



Valentine Craft.


Heart-shaped food on V-day is a must!


Cream cheese stuffed french toast.... I'm drooling.


Eating breakfast with dad.


Is this not the most darling thing you've ever seen?


First Valentine's Day together in 2011.


We made it a tradition after our 1st Heart Day together to go to Texas Roadhouse every year. 
1. Because the thought of their rolls makes me salivate.
2. Because we're adorable and sentimental and whatever... 

Well, after 3 years of that... this year, we didn't want to worry about getting a babysitter, especially when the only people around here we know are married... So.. I cooked, and we had a jolly good time stuffing our faces.

I made the Mr. watch T.V. while I cooked, so it would be a surprise... (Worst wife ever huh?)  I also told him that if he didn't like it, to pretend he did...because it took me HOURS. 

He loved it.

Garlic marinated steak, wrapped in bacon, stuffed with feta.


Mini heart-shaped grilled cheese sandwiches, with tomato basil bisque.


 Potato skins, and heart shaped pizza's.


Veggies...(These were not touched...oops!) 


 Miami Vice's


I don't have an individual picture, but we also had egg rolls, taquitos, spinach and artichoke dip, grilled shrimp, and sushi.

It was quite the feast!



 For obvious reasons, I'll spare you other mushy details of our evening...but if you wives are in need of an awesome (and cheap) idea for next V-day...or even an Anniversary... Refer to this:

http://www.realhousewivesofbuckscounty.com/2012/01/perfect-valentine-gift-game-of-love.html

You can thank me later.


So...yes, we love Valentines Day, and each other. A lot.






1 comment: