Saturday, May 17, 2014

California Update


This post might be a tad bit random, and the most of the pics you see are on Instagram, but I owe that bit of disapointment to my phone issues.. (will explain later once my blood stops boiling.)
Ok fine.
I'll tell you in a nutshell. Only because if I go into too much detail I might start crying.
The first weekend we moved here some....loser...(it took a moment to think of a blog-appropriate name for them) stole my phone right out of my bag at Walmart. Awesome. 2 months of pictures...gone. Cam bought a used iPhone 5 from someone weeks before this happened and when Cam tried activating it under his number,  it turned out that it was already activated under somebody else's number. So no go. Well, about 2 weeks after my phone was stolen, I went to the Sprint store to see what they could do, and voila! The owner of the phone cancelled their number, so I could use it! But wait... it get's worse. A few more days go by, and..dun dun dun.. I drop the phone in the toilet. Really Jeni? I just don't deserve to have a nice phone I guess. So now my husband, who needs a new phone, and takes care of his, can wait....while I get 2 new ones... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Rant over.

Okay, now onto some happy things!

Cam's birthday was this month! The big 2-5. I feel bad for not doing a fancy blog post about it, but most of the pics are on my phone.. so...you get just one of my b-day decor. Classy, I know. (I did do a mushy Insta post, so that redeems me, right?). I had started blowing some balloons up and Callie was TERRIFIED of them. It was so weird. She would start crying SO hard, and crawl over to it and hit it away.. I was going to get it on video, but that would have been torture for her. I had to put the balloons in our room so she couldn't see them. I forgot about them for a day or two and brought her into our room when I wanted to get dressed and she spotted them in the walk-in closet. Poor little miss. She freaked! Forget about those dang monsters in the closet! So sad, yet so funny.

Anyway, Cam had to work all day, which stunk big time, but that night we had the crew over for pizza and root beer floats, and had a grand ol' time.
 (I'll make up for the lame b-day blog post with an AMAZING Father's Day post. Promise.)


SLEEP.
We've been reunited. 
Well technically she's been sleeping 100% through the night since December, but mom wasn't. It's almost as if I needed to be sleep-trained too. I just wasn't used to not getting up at night, and feeling like a zombie, so that took some getting used to. (BOO HOO, right?)
Well, little missy is a sleep-aholic. I mean, seriously. This whole week she's slept in until TEN. TEN O CLOCK! It's actually 10:30am as I"m writing this and she's still asleep. It's kind of a dream. My body won't let me sleep that late anymore, but occasionally I'll wake up at nine....NINE! And then I have another hour to do whatever I want. It's unreal. And she's such a darling when she wakes up too.  We know how lucky we are. Go ahead and tell me I don't deserve this...TELL ME! Sleep training is a nightmare from my past, but I did it. And now I'll enjoy not having bags under my eyes.

"You're welcome mom."
Good heck she's cute with that sippy. Also, why are babes like a million times more cuddly when they're in their jammy's? Mmm. 


We spend a lot of time missing dad during the day. But she loves me, and I love her. So we manage.

 #selfie

Callie is THE sweetest of all the sweetie pies. She was so sick a little bit ago...maybe teething...I can never tell the difference, and was miserable. She couldn't breathe, and you could just tell she wasn't feeling well. It would break any mom's heart. She wanted some snuggles, (which are rare these days) and I went to take a pic to document the rare-ness, and she was grinning from ear to ear! I mean...c'mon. 


We spend A LOT of time at Target.  It's only .4 miles away! WIN.


And 100 degrees outside = pool. 

 Left pic- Her famous Callie head tilt. It's adorable. And lets talk about that belly! I mean, she's just asking to get eaten.


Last summer, wearing the same hat! Someone get me a kleenex. 


We love when dad gets to play too!




Also meet my 2 new husbands. Just kidding, but we spend more time together than with our actual husbands. Presli's on the left, and Alli in the middle.  We sold with Alli and her husband last summer, and love her so very much. Presli's her cousin, (I actually went to high school with her hubs) and now I love her too! 


Before we got here, Callie was a little stranger-dangery...So it's been nice to hang out with these two. She's warmed up to Presli and Alli so well! She loves them. 
Also, yesterday at the pool was AMAZING. Callie let Presli and Alli put her in the pool, and there were so many smiles and giggles! I was happy to lay out by the pool by myself for a bit too. 
We've spent a lot of time playing Settlers of Cataan and Mexican Train during Callie's nap time.  The other day it felt like we were little old ladies getting together to play Bingo in the afternoon. Haha.

The first month has already flown by thanks to these lovelies.  


No comments:

Post a Comment